Monday, January 19, 2009

Pictures






A blog will be coming in the next few days Indian time (so about a week) but here are some pictures to wet your appetite.
First is of a snake charmer in Jaipur, next is me with a nice water palace in the background, followed by a good assortment of (not so typical) street animals in Jaipur, next is the biggest sundial in the world in Jaipur it is accurate to within a few seconds, lastly is a palace in Jaipur.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Allen,

These are neat pictures. It is really interesting to view the pictures that you have taken.
Thanks for posting them.

Anonymous said...

Allen

I really appreciate the great pictures! India in a 1000 pictures! How are you going to distill all these great pictures into a 30 minute presentaion when you get back to Calgary and Rotary Centennial?

I am also glad your year is going well.

Keep up the picture taking and blogging.
Mel

Marita said...

Nice pictures Allen! I can't wait for the blog! Take care.

Maeghan said...

That is very super cool, Alen.

Can you climb on the sundail? Because I totally would want to. Anyways. Can't wait for the blog, I love to hear about your adventures and my host mom is always interrested too (when I can manage to translate!).

Love from Turkey

Anonymous said...

Hi Allen:

Fiona had me on one of the other areas of your blog, so when I left a comment I noticed it was compiled with the October postings.

Figured you might not find it. Me commenting on January weather in October :)

Generally, thanks for sharing your India with us.

Russ, Fiona & Jennifer

Anonymous said...

That is a very impressive sundial! How big is it? You're taking some very impressive pictures - can't wait to see them all when you return!