Saturday, February 14, 2009

Recent




Pictures are of river rafting on the Ganges.
Hey everybody,
I am going on the South India trip today so I can't write. I just want you to know I am keeping busy. I have the tabla drum classes twice a week but I am still terrible, I think I was born without the ability to play music. I also have been doing more of the volunteer work with a NGO which helps educate slum dwelling kids, it is rewarding but sometimes it feels like a chore. The kids don't listen. On Wednesday this week the main teacher phoned me and said she was sick so I along with another volunteer had to take the class, it was frightening but went fairly well. Six hours of yoga a day in March then I want to do some meditation course in April/May, you should expect me to be floating when I get back.
I wish a Happy Valentines day to everyone.
I will be posting again in March!

6 comments:

Mel said...

Your travels always surprise and amaze me! Rafting in the Ganges! Teaching slum kids! Great!
When Cathy and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire, I thought of you and your experiences. I think it would make a great book and movie. Can I have a cameo?
Warmest regards,
Mel

Anonymous said...

Hi Al
I hope you have a wonderful trip. Dad and I saw Slumdog Millionaire last night and thought it was great. We are so proud of you and everything you're doing on your exchange.

Maeghan said...

I love how you mention it all like it's completely normal! Well, I guess it is for you.. but seriously?! Your life sounds sooo sweet!

Love from Turkey
Maeghan

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Mumbai Allen.

I look forward to an update about your South India trip. The photos on your blog have been great.

Anonymous said...

Hi Allen,

You continue to have such great adventures! Will you be able to teach some of us old people yoga when you come back to Calgary?

I've been working on perfecting the "beef thing" for when you get back!

I can't wait to see all of your photos and hear more of the stories.

Carlann

Anonymous said...

Hi Allen!
It was great to read more about your adventures. I'm glad that you are getting in some traveling around India. Your experiences sound wonderful! Not many people have seen the Taj Mahal or have gone river rafting down the Ganges!I liked your rant about time pass it seems to be like us killing time. Hopefully you can bring home a video of your dancing to share. Good luck in with your yoga teacher training!
Take Care!
Auntie Linda